Electrical Panel Upgrades - ELECTRICAL SERVICE Upgrade
The Electrical Panel is the heart of your electrical system and is equipped with the correct size breakers to protect the electrical wiring throughout your home from overload conditions thus preventing any risk of an electrical fire.
Old electrical panels may need to be upgraded for many reasons:
- They may not be sized big enough to support the electrical loads from appliances we use today.
- Due to additional loading of the circuitry such as a basement development, can cause an overload on the main overhead service conductors.
- The electrical service (for example a 60amp panel) does not meet today’s electrical safety codes which can cause your insurance company to decline an insurance policy.
- As your electrical system ages beyond 25-30 years, the functionality of the electrical panel and breakers can degrade. Circuit breakers can begin to trip often or, under overload conditions not trip at all. Either of these conditions can be a nuisance or catastrophic.
If you're planning an addition to your home, developing your basement or are buying and older home, you need to ensure the electrical panel/service is properly sized to handle all the additional electrical demands. Total Electrical Solutions has the specialized tools, knowledge and experience to install, repair or replace electric panels and breakers.
REASONS YOUR HOUSE MAY NEED A PANEL UPGRADE / REPLACEMENT
- Your panel is 25 years or older.
- Your existing panel is to small and your circuit requirements have increased
- Your existing service is only rated for 60 amps
- You require more power such as a 100-200 Amp service
- Homeowners insurance requirement
- No main breaker for system shut down
- Lights flickering throughout your house
- Breakers not tripping under fault condition
- Burning of wires and breakers
- Arcing and sparking
- Smoke coming out of your panel
- Burning smell around the panel
- Overheating (breakers are hot to the touch)
- Avoid potential delays when selling (Home Inspection)
- Increase the SAFETY of your home
- Increase the VALUE of your home
YOU HAVE AN UNSAFE ELECTRIC PANEL IF...
- If your house was built between 1940 and 1970 and has a Federal Pacific Electric Panel (FPE), your electrical system could be at risk as the old FPE stab-lok breakers are no longer CSA approved.
- Several tests and studies have been done since the early 1980’s and have proven that one in four breakers have been defective and would not trip when overloaded.
- For more information visit www.ismypanelsafe.com
Electric Panel Upgrade Free Estimate
At Total Electrical Solutions, we offer a 10% discount to seniors and veterans.
Mention this coupon at time of estimate. Cannot be combined with any other offers.