This is a project we did recently consisting of electrical panel upgrade and service box relocation. Electrical Panel Upgrade Gallery […]
Electrical Panel Upgrades For The Modern Needs Of Calgary Homes
Total Electrical Solutions is proud to be the Calgary electrician providing electrical panel upgrades to the area. Your electrical panel is the heart of your electrical system and is equipped with the correct size breakers to protect the electrical wiring throughout your home from overload conditions, thus preventing any risk of an electrical fire.
Old electrical panels may need to be upgraded for many reasons:
- They may not be sized big enough to support the electrical loads from appliances we use today.
- Due to additional loading of the circuitry such as a basement development, can cause an overload on the main overhead service conductors.
- The electrical service (for example a 60amp panel) does not meet today’s electrical safety codes which can cause your insurance company to decline an insurance policy.
- As your electrical system ages beyond 25-30 years, the functionality of the electrical panel and breakers can degrade. Circuit breakers can begin to trip often or, under overload conditions not trip at all. Either of these conditions can be a nuisance or catastrophic.
If you're planning an addition to your home, developing your basement, or are buying an older home, you need to ensure the electrical panel/service is properly sized to handle all the additional electrical demands. Total Electrical Solutions has the specialized tools, knowledge, and experience to install, repair, or replace electric panels and breakers, as well as provide electrical service relocation.
Reasons Your Home Might Need A Panel Upgrade Or Replacement
- Your panel is 25 years or older.
- Your existing panel is too small and your circuit requirements have increased
- Your existing service is only rated for 60 amps
- You require more power such as a 100-200 Amp service
- Homeowners insurance requirement
- No main breaker for system shut down
- Lights flickering throughout your house
- Breakers not tripping under fault condition
- Burning of wires and breakers
- Arcing and sparking
- Smoke coming out of your panel
- Burning smell around the panel
- Overheating (breakers are hot to the touch)
- Avoid potential delays when selling (Home Inspection)
- Increase the SAFETY of your home
- Increase the VALUE of your home
You May Have An Unsafe Electric Panel If…
If your house was built between 1940 and 1970 and has a Federal Pacific Electric Panel (FPE), your electrical system could be at risk as the old FPE stab-lok breakers are no longer CSA approved.
Several tests and studies have been done since the early 1980s and have proven that one in four breakers have been defective and would not trip when overloaded.
For more information visit www.ismypanelsafe.com
Recent Electric Panel Upgrade Projects
This is a project we did recently consisting of service panel upgrade subfed from garage to house to eleminate overhead wires. Service Panel Upgrade Gallery If you are looking for h […]
Electric Panel Upgrade Free Estimate
Why Choose Total Electrical Solutions?
When you choose Total Electrical Solutions, you get more than just fast, reliable, and affordable electrical services. You get an electrician with over 27 years of experience in the industry and are highly educated and specialize in residential and commercial wiring in Calgary.
Don't just take our workd on it! Here is what our clients have to say
I was very happy with the work done on my landscape lighting by Dan and will have no hesitation in calling again for any electrical services I need.
Dan has a done a perfect job, he accepted the work and few hours after attended to complete it He was on time, very efficient and had a very pleasant personality. I do not hesitate recommending him to whoever may need his services. Mike.
Naser R., Calgary
Dan is very professional and personable. I would highly recommend this company to all my family and friends.
Etta K., Calgary
3 Electrical Safety Tips To Protect Your Home This Fall
With fall finally here, most homeowners are taking a bit of time to enjoy the many different aspects that make this season such a great time of year. With so much to do this fall, it can be easy to f […]
Benefits Of A Backup Generator
Want to ensure that you and your loved ones always remain safe and comfortable? Then you need to make sure you always have dependable electricity, which you can do with a home backup generator. By en […]